Sunday, January 3, 2016

Teacher's Toolbox - Online Question/Answer Bank for Teachers


     So, the new and excitement of winter break is wearing off and I find myself tinkering with things. What things you ask? Well, I've decided to create an online question/answer bank for my future classes. I remember making up assignments and assessments this past semester and thinking to myself "It sure would be nice to have an easily accessed resource where I can grab material and go, kind of like an educational content drive-thru!" So, seeing as downtime isn't my favorite thing in the world, I've decided to get to work.
     The idea is to use Google Drive to organize and share content for assignments and assessments. I've created a main folder that will be shareable to anyone I provide with the link, that way some of my fellow educators can get in on the fun. This folder will be divided into my individual units and into subjects within that unit. This way, when I'm getting ready to create an assignment or assessment covering something like protein denaturation, I just head to the proper unit in Drive and pick from the list of questions with provided answers!
     This is just one of the many ways that new technologies help educators stay organized and connected and it's a great resource that will pay huge dividends when it's completed or full enough to be of use. If you would like to take part in this, add your own content or access what little content I've added (and don't worry, there's more to come!), just contact me or leave a response in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment